Turkmenistan

Currently, this blog will be used for my thoughts, pictures, and excerpts from letters I send home from Turkmenistan. I will be in Turkmenistan from October 1, 2008 until December of 2010. You can send me letters and packages using the address to the right.
Many thanks to my family for posting updates to this blog as I will most likely have limited internet access over the next few years.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Homeless

So, I have a moral dilema. There is a guy who comes to visit our house every once in a while. I think he has been here 3 or 4 times since we moved in. He is 30ish, black, and very thin. Each time he has asked if we have any money to give him because he is homeless. I don't think giving a homeless person money is what I would want to do because there is no way for me to make sure they buy food with it and not drugs or alcohol. I want to figure out how I can help this man without giving him money. Perhaps I could give him food rather than money. I want to figure out something to do for him, but I don't know where to start. Any advice?

No comments: