Turkmenistan

Currently, this blog will be used for my thoughts, pictures, and excerpts from letters I send home from Turkmenistan. I will be in Turkmenistan from October 1, 2008 until December of 2010. You can send me letters and packages using the address to the right.
Many thanks to my family for posting updates to this blog as I will most likely have limited internet access over the next few years.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Stress update

Well, I have decided that perhaps stress has some use in one's life. By avoiding stress I don't seem to get quite as much done and I am much more tired. So, perhaps I will allow a small amount of stress back into my life, but not too much!

On a different note, my sister was talking with me about something very interesting last night, well it was something that I had to think once or twice about. She said something to the effect that you will lose every single person in your life in some way or another. Which to me initially sounded extreemly depressing and not worth thinking about, but then she expanded upon the idea. Some people may always be in your life, but you won't always have an unlimited amount of time with them. For example; my first gut reaction was that my sister would always have me in her life, but she quickly responded that when I left for college I had left her life, even if just a little. I had to admit that was true because we don't talk nearly as much as we used to and I always seem to miss her. We then discussed the degree to which a person can be lost to you ranging from friends committing suicide to people moving away to relationships that are broken by arguments and pain that can divide two people. The moral of this post not to be all depressing because really this is a happy moment, is to enjoy the time you do have with people and to enjoy what you are doing and to live in the moment (tribute to Mr. Baughn - an english teacher from 11th grade). I am seeing more and more how important that is. Thanks kid! This post is all because of you!

No comments: