Turkmenistan

Currently, this blog will be used for my thoughts, pictures, and excerpts from letters I send home from Turkmenistan. I will be in Turkmenistan from October 1, 2008 until December of 2010. You can send me letters and packages using the address to the right.
Many thanks to my family for posting updates to this blog as I will most likely have limited internet access over the next few years.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A few pictures from the trip to New Orleans


This view is looking over the lower 9th ward. You can see the construction on the levee on the left side of the picture. These pictures were taken 7 months after hurricane katrina. At this point they are still taking bodies out of the rubble and there are several thousand people unacounted for.

This picture is of the mold in one of the houses we worked on along with a lot of personal belongings that we had to sort through and discard

This is the first house we worked on and all of the safety equipment we wore.

No comments: