Turkmenistan

Currently, this blog will be used for my thoughts, pictures, and excerpts from letters I send home from Turkmenistan. I will be in Turkmenistan from October 1, 2008 until December of 2010. You can send me letters and packages using the address to the right.
Many thanks to my family for posting updates to this blog as I will most likely have limited internet access over the next few years.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday night

Hello all,
This evening will be the third night in a row that I am watching Pride and Predjudice (the shorter version of the movie). I am currently wondering why there isn't a Mr. Darcy for all of us, however I quickly am reminded that not all of the girls get married to him, only Lizzy. Whereas Lydia gets married to a womanizer who doesn't care for her at all simply the money he is allowed after he marries her, and Mary can't seem to find a man who understands her, and Jane gets a Mr. Bingley who while wonderful in his own ways, is not nearly as worldly or deep, etc. He doesn't compare in the slightest to Darcy. So, here I am awaiting my own Darcy while watching friends finding Bingley's, Wickham's, and Collins's. I supose waiting for Darcy isn't as bad as it seems. Or perhaps I have already met my Darcy and we are simply in the beginning of the movie rather than nearing the end.

On a very different note school is going well, and I have decided that if the homeless man decides to visit our home again I will have food available for him.

Also we raised $1910 from the Famine - which is amazing and I am so terribly excited about it! There is still some money coming in and I hope to send in $2000!

Plans are coming along nicely for the trip to New Orleans and I am becoming more and more excited about the work we will be doing every day. I am also looking forward to visiting several places that I visited last time I was there (prior to the hurricane).

I also think we should all call one another by our last names and I should be allowed to wear the clothes that women wear in this movie (still watching Pride and Predjudice).

Have a wonderful evening all!

3 comments:

Kelsey Kae said...

For anyone who wants to get me a rocking birthday present the Pride and Predjudice book or movie (6 hour or 2 hour version) would be awesome!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Schuder

What exactly will we be doing in New Orleans? Since you say that plans are going along so smoothly.

Ms. Schuchardt

Kelsey Kae said...

Ms. Schuchardt
We will be doing many things - mostly cleaning out houses!

Ms. Schuder