Turkmenistan

Currently, this blog will be used for my thoughts, pictures, and excerpts from letters I send home from Turkmenistan. I will be in Turkmenistan from October 1, 2008 until December of 2010. You can send me letters and packages using the address to the right.
Many thanks to my family for posting updates to this blog as I will most likely have limited internet access over the next few years.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Spring time!


Spring is yet another very enjoyable time of year for me. The birds chirping, the warm weather where I don't have to worry about wearing a coat all the time and being prepared for every possible type of weather. I keep my umbrella in my backpack and all is well. I also love spring because people seem to be more in love during spring than any other time of year. Perhaps it is the warm weather and people feel free to stroll around, or perhaps it is that all of nature seems to be in bloom. Whatever it is spring and love seem to go together. Since I am not in love (other than being in love with life) I will share a picture of a very beautiful lake that is near my home in Waukesha. The picture was taken last summer and I love boating and swimming in the lake and of course watching all of the sailboats take their jaunt across the lake and back every Tuesday evening. So enjoy, and happy spring!

No comments: