Turkmenistan

Currently, this blog will be used for my thoughts, pictures, and excerpts from letters I send home from Turkmenistan. I will be in Turkmenistan from October 1, 2008 until December of 2010. You can send me letters and packages using the address to the right.
Many thanks to my family for posting updates to this blog as I will most likely have limited internet access over the next few years.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Some updates about my permanent site:

So, I am going to Lebap vilayette. My village is Guichbirleshik and it is located in Halach Etrap (sort of like a county). I am leaving here in about 15 minutes. I will be meeting my host family that has a mother, father, two brothers (only one is at home often). The older brother is married and his wife and 6 month old child are at home. The younger brother is 17. I am very excited and should have time to update you all on what it is I encountered when I return (Wednesday morning here). I hope you are all looking forward to the update! I know I am!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kelsey, I met your parents at a Peace Corps luncheon today and was glad to get to know someone else that has a daughter in Turkmenistan. My daughter, Summer Leeper, also is in your group of volunteers. I don't know if you have gotten to know each other or if you are anywhere in the same region of Turkmenistan but if you see her please tell her hello for me. I am looking forward to hearing about her permanent assignment. Sounds like you are going to an intersting place.
Peace
Debi Leeper

Anonymous said...

HI Kelsey,
I received your e-mail with pictures of the house forwarded to us. I read part of your blog before being interupted by the kids. We are doing a knitting group today for 4-H. They already had a sewing leader or I would have done that. Keep up the good work. I would like to hear more about what you have actually done there and I am trying to pass the info along to the kids.
Tammy