Turkmenistan

Currently, this blog will be used for my thoughts, pictures, and excerpts from letters I send home from Turkmenistan. I will be in Turkmenistan from October 1, 2008 until December of 2010. You can send me letters and packages using the address to the right.
Many thanks to my family for posting updates to this blog as I will most likely have limited internet access over the next few years.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Hello from Turkmenistan!

I only have a few moments to update this blog, so I'll make it brief. My parents should be posting a short note I composed last night (assuming there are no technical problems)!

I am currently sitting in the Peace Corps Office listening to odd sentences and conversations in a bizarre conglomerations of Turkmen and English. It is truly amazing at how the human mind picks up language. We are in Ashgabat to get some shots, get a chance to send a quick email and have a super quick training on using the work stations. So exciting!

Important stuff: I am happy (most of the time :)) and I am finally healthy after a week long bout of intestinal issues. Life is good and very busy!!!

Send me letters!!!

No comments: